Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2002/05/16 09:24:59 UTC

bugzilla related emails

Hello,

The log4j developers would like log4j bug report related emails to
also appear on the log4j-dev mailing list. Can this be done?

Sorry for the noise, I am just trying to follow the instructions found
at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html:

   Pier Fumagalli has set up the Apache Bug Database. Please use this
   database report bugs and suggest new features. To suggest a new
   feature, set the severity of the bug to "enhancement". In case of
   problems with the Apache Bug Database, please notify
   general@jakarta.apache.org.

Thanks in advance, Ceki

Re: bugzilla related emails

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Ceki Gülcü" <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:

> At 09:32 16.05.2002 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Ceki Gülc <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> The log4j developers would like log4j bug report related emails to
>>> also appear on the log4j-dev mailing list. Can this be done?
>>
>> All that needs to be done is changing the default owner for the
>> components (which means you wouldn't be getting the reports to your
>> personal address any longer).  I don't know whether it is possible to
>> define automatic CCs in addition to default owners.
>>
>> Do you have enough karma to change the default owner of the Log4J
>> components?  If not, I can do that for you.
>
> In fact I have enough karma. I just did the change you suggested. The
> only glitch was that the password for log4j-dev goes to
> log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org. Fortunately,
> log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org is not subscribed to itself such that the
> list moderators could intercept the password before it got public.
>
> By the way, thanks for your prompt offer for help.

Well, I could have made that happen withoug having passwords going around!
:) I closed down the log4j-dev user, so that nobody can access it, all the
other configurations look fine...

    Pier

Re: bugzilla related emails

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--
Ceki

Re: bugzilla related emails

Posted by Vidar Braut Haarr <vi...@coretrek.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> All that needs to be done is changing the default owner for the
> components (which means you wouldn't be getting the reports to your
> personal address any longer).  I don't know whether it is possible to
> define automatic CCs in addition to default owners.

I presume we're talking about Bugzilla here :)

The best thing to do then, would be to change the default QA contact for
the components to log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org.

No, it's not possible to define automatic CCs without hacking bugzilla.

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
CoreTrek A/S

"Programmers don't die,