Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2004/02/14 20:44:42 UTC

[jelly] interested in a JaxMe tag library...?

jaxme is a JAXB implementation (with a pure ASF license) being
incubated over at web services. i'm writing a maven plugin that exposes
some of the functionality in particular generating source from schema.
it seems like a good idea to implement the functionality i want by
creating a jelly tag library exposing the features i need.

are the jelly team interested in hosting this tag library here?

- robert

Re: [jelly] interested in a JaxMe tag library...?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi paul

i have some working JAXB marshalling and unmarshalling tags which can
be released under the apache license (JaxMe provides an ASF licensed
clean-room implementation of the required JAXB classes). i've got a few
problems with classloaders stopping generation working at the moment
(but hopefully i'll iron them out sometime soonish).

(once i'm ready) do you want me to post patchs or would you be happy
for me to go ahead and commit them myself?

- robert

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 16 Feb 2004, at 16:33, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> On 14-Feb-04, at 20:44 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> jaxme is a JAXB implementation (with a pure ASF license) being
>> incubated over at web services. i'm writing a maven plugin that
>> exposes some of the functionality in particular generating source
>> from schema. it seems like a good idea to implement the functionality
>> i want by creating a jelly tag library exposing the features i need.
>>
>> are the jelly team interested in hosting this tag library here?
>
> Yes, I think it would be very appropriate.
> Jelly taglibs seem to me one good place to contain all sorts of
> xml-events-producing serializers/deserializers. And JAXB is such
> (namely, serializes to object... kind of the opposite of serialization
> but  who cares).
>
> I presume there are on the list people that use JAXB implementations
> and Jelly at the same time... they would probably be interested.

cool. i'm helping to develop the start-from-java side of JaxMe (which
will be based on betwixt). at this time, i'm just trying to put
something basic together to help me learn jaxme and to help create a
maven plugin. i'll post a patch (or - if that's cool with you) just go
ahead and commit once i've got something a bit more substantial.

BTW i think that i understand a little more about the issues with
registering convertors in beanutils and i'm pretty sure that a
pluggable registry coupled with use of a bean instance in the context
would provide a solid solution. i don't have time to develop this now
but i'll try to get back to this a little later. unless anyone else
fancies taking this one on, of course :)

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@ags.uni-sb.de>.