Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Noah Yan <ya...@cs.uh.edu> on 2005/10/13 19:12:00 UTC

select a document type to parse my files.

I am just starting using xmlbeans to read some xml file. I generated the
.jar for my schema, and now can use the class to read the provided xml
file. I have another problem, hope some of your could give me some
suggestions.

My schema defines several document type for user to use. In normal  use,
the users provided multiple xml docs for the different types of the schema. My
program should pick an xml file, match it to a specific xml schema type
and parse it using the cooresponding XMLBeans class.

How XMLbean can tell what schema type of an xml file is associated so that
the proper docType class can be used to parse the xml file? I know I can
do this by use a general XML parse to find the name of the root document,
and then call the cooresponding XMLBeans generated class. But I want to
check whether XMLbeans have some other ways to do this.

Thanks very much
Noah