Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhi Abhishek <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 07:30:33 UTC

ZFS File System for SOLR 3.6 and SOLR 4

Hello,
         i am trying to use ZFS as filesystem for my Linux Environment. are
there any performance implications of using any filesystem other than
ext-3/ext-4 with SOLR?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,
Abhishek

Re: ZFS File System for SOLR 3.6 and SOLR 4

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
How is performance on XFS when compared to ext4?

>From Otis:  noatime, nodiratime

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201306.mbox/%3CCACtzgz1YwM5HDQO1R=2CdGxFmJnXcs4pyWRuaPJkKRc=eB8LsA@mail.gmail.com%3E

Large file systems seem to work well in both. I think the underlying
hardware does actually matter too. SSD vs HDD vs Y.

Several people love XFS at Amazon:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/tips-check-and-improve-your

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: ZFS File System for SOLR 3.6 and SOLR 4

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.