Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org> on 2005/05/26 17:58:55 UTC

Re: [RT] Gump 3.0 - Database Model

Could we get back to this thread above (using  http://tinyurl.com/4qt9a to
get to the attachment) and see where we want to take it? I see that Gump3
has a schema that does not include some of the additions mentioned in the
thread.

Also, I'm trying to flesh out DynaGumper (the Gump3 DB plugin) and I'd like
to populate the run/build information. I think I need project_version ids,
but I can't figure out how do calculate them. Do I simply use
http://www.apache.org/projects/{projectname}#20050526 or #HEAD or #gump or
something? Further, ought project dependencies (in project_dependencies) be
between project versions not projects?

Finally, is anybody able to take on the DynaGump Cocoon webapp? I think we'd
all benefit from seeing inside the database as we populate it.

regards,

Adam
Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On 26-05-2005 17:58, "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org> wrote:
> Could we get back to this thread above (using  http://tinyurl.com/4qt9a to
> get to the attachment) and see where we want to take it?

Yes we can!

It probably still needs a lot of work.

One thing that's wrong with it at the moment is that for example
project_dependencies don't have ids, and they should (because there's
additional information about a dependency, like it being optional, or it
being part of the "root cause" trail for a failure).

> I see that Gump3
> has a schema that does not include some of the additions mentioned in the
> thread.

If you're referring to branches/Gump3/gumpdb and its contents, that's I
believe more evolved than that PDF (last change december 28 vs december 08).

> Also, I'm trying to flesh out DynaGumper (the Gump3 DB plugin) and I'd like
> to populate the run/build information. I think I need project_version ids,
> but I can't figure out how do calculate them. Do I simply use
> http://www.apache.org/projects/{projectname}#20050526 or #HEAD or #gump or
> something?

Take a look at the example data in the sql file.

IIRC a "project_version" is a "project" that is "part of a specific gump
run". Those two need to be combined into an id. So if you have

<project name="blah"...>

And a "public" gump run started on "vmgump.apache.org" at "2005-05-29 at
21:43", your id becomes something like

 vmgump.apache.org:public:200505292143:blah

Ie the current

  http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/xml-security/index.html

Is related to

  vmgump.apache.org:public:200505271902:xml-security

Right now, and will be related to

  vmgump.apache.org:public:200505281902:xml-security
                                  ^^ new run

Tomorrow. At least that's how Stefano set it up, using "semi-URIs". I
would've probably prefixed everything with "urn:gump:" :-)

> Further, ought project dependencies (in project_dependencies) be
> between project versions not projects?

Project A is linked against the Project B compiled on a specific host as
part of a specific run. So yes, a project_version depends on another
project_version. I know the SQL gets this right.

Of course, there's also a declaration like this

 xml-security -depends-> xml-xalan

But that declaration tends to mutate over time.

> Finally, is anybody able to take on the DynaGump Cocoon webapp? I think we'd
> all benefit from seeing inside the database as we populate it.

Probably not atm. Stefano's rather busy building shiny tools AFAICT; we
don't have that many cocooners around I think :-)

Gump data visualisation is a hard problem. For now, you could also consider
writing some trivial commandline scripts that dump out some data to the
console :-)

Cheers!

LSD