Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Oz Basarir <ba...@naturalcapital.org> on 2006/03/24 05:49:49 UTC

svn with apache: [error] Could not fetch resource information

I am trying to setup subversion with apache. I can now navigate to
http://www.host.com/svn/repos/scs but get a page like this:

<D:error>
  <C:error/>
  <m:human-readable errcode="22">
    Can't set position pointer in file '/svn/repos/scs/db/revs/0':
Invalid argument
  </m:human-readable>
</D:error

And in response to this url request, I get the following errors in
apache's error_log:

[error] Could not fetch resource information.  [500, #0]
[error] Could not open the root of the repository  [500, #22]
[error] Can't set position pointer in file '/svn/repos/scs/db/revs/0':
Invalid argument  [500, #22]

The file mentioned in the error actually exists and below is the
contents of this file:
--------------beginning of /svn/repos/scs/db/revs/0 [115 bytes]-------------
PLAIN
END
ENDREP
id: 0.0.r0/17
type: dir
count: 0
text: 0 0 4 4 2d2977d1c96f487abe4a1e202dd03b4e
cpath: /

17 107

Re: svn with apache: [error] Could not fetch resource information

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 3/23/06, Oz Basarir <ba...@naturalcapital.org> wrote:
> I am trying to setup subversion with apache. I can now navigate to
> http://www.host.com/svn/repos/scs but get a page like this:
>
> <D:error>
>   <C:error/>
>   <m:human-readable errcode="22">
>     Can't set position pointer in file '/svn/repos/scs/db/revs/0':
> Invalid argument
>   </m:human-readable>
> </D:error
>

> And in response to this url request, I get the following errors in
> apache's error_log:
>
> [error] Could not fetch resource information.  [500, #0]
> [error] Could not open the root of the repository  [500, #22]
> [error] Can't set position pointer in file '/svn/repos/scs/db/revs/0':
> Invalid argument  [500, #22]

That sort of problem often occurs when Subversion and Apache are
linked against different versions of APR (one uses APR 0.9.x and one
uses APR 1.x), you need to make sure they're both using the same
version.

-garrett