Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/09/06 13:26:55 UTC

Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Dear all,

We are implementing "shared" network type instead of "isolated" network
type, which means that we are assigning public IP address as guest IP for
all our VMs. This means that our VMs are using public IP instead of private
IP configured on the NIC interfaces, without any network address
translation done by the virtual router.

My question: is it possible to assign multiple guest/public IP addresses
into one VM? I can't find this option on the current setting. Is multiple
public IP addresses only supported on "isolated" network and is not
supported on "shared" network?

I found this article while Googling, but I'm not too sure whether this can
been implemented?

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/multiple-ip-address-per-nic.html

I am using CloudStack 4.1.1 and KVM hypervisor, and running advanced
network type (instead of basic).

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Jayapal,

Good day to you, and thank you for your e-mail.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <
jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com> wrote:

> > 1. Can we create static NAT for two (or more) public IP addresses into
> one
> > single VM?
> No.
> In one to one NAT (static NAT) one public ip can be mapped to one guest VM
> ip.

Understood, thank you for your explanation.

> 2. Can we assign two (or more) guest IP addresses on a single VM instance?
> Multiple ips to nic can be added using addiptonic API.
> In UI, Instance -> Nic -> acquire ip to nic

I checked my UI, and this "Acquire IP to NIC" option is not available. I am
using CloudStack version 4.1.1 (latest release available on the website:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html ).

Is this option only available on version 4.2?

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Thanks Jayapal for the confirmation!

I really hope that CloudStack 4.2 can be released this week. Have been
monitoring the vote discussion on the dev mailing list.

Cheers.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <

RE: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

This feature is in  4.2

Thanks,
Jayapal

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Jayapal,

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Dear all,

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Chiradeep,

Good day to you, and thank you for your email.

Does it mean that multiple guest IP addresses on one VM instance will be
supported on Cloudstack 4.2?

Looking forward to your reply and confirmation, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Multiple guest IP on a VM?

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
This is 4.2