Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io> on 2018/01/16 18:54:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Plan for 1.0.1

Hi all,

I'd like to start the process for doing a 1.0.1 bug fix release. 1.0.0 was
released Nov 1, 2017, and about 2.5 mos have passed and 32 bug fixes have
accumulated so far. A few of the more notable fixes that we've merged so
far:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6269 - KTable restore fails
after rebalance
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6185 - Selector memory leak
with high likelihood of OOM in case of down conversion
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6167 - Timestamp on streams
directory contains a colon, which is an illegal character
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6190 - GlobalKTable never
finishes restoring when consuming transactional messages
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6252 - A fix for cleaning up
new Connect metrics when a connector does not shut down properly

These represent important fixes across all components -- core, Connect and
Streams.

I've prepared
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+1.0.1 to
help track the fixes for 1.0.1. As you can see we have only 1 item
currently marked as a blocker for 1.0.1. If folks with outstanding bugs
could take a pass and a) make sure anything they think should go into 1.0.1
is marked as such, with the appropriate priority, and b) make sure anything
marked for 1.0.1 should really be there.

Once people have taken a pass we can work on a VOTE thread and getting any
outstanding PRs reviewed.

-Ewen

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 1.0.1

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Jeff,

The initial email was just to get people looking at JIRAs. We still have
one outstanding blocker, and Guozhang's PR has already been merged.
Otherwise we have no blockers, but there are a couple marked "Critical"
that are unresolved. I'll be following up on those JIRAs to get them either
moved to a later release or upgraded to blockers with folks working on
resolving them.

We'll probably do an RC either late this week or early next week. Since
this is a bug fix release, I am guessing it will only require 1 RC.

-Ewen

Posted by Jeff Widman <je...@jeffwidman.com>.
Any update on this release?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.