Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr> on 2022/12/06 14:13:16 UTC

FieldCache and _version_field

Hi,

One of my customers has a huge collection (1.5 billion docs across 14
shards).
All fields are correctly configured in order to enable docValues
except _version_. They are still using the old configuration with
indexed=true instead of docValues and hence _version_ populate FiledCache
in JVM heap (several Gb).

They need to reindex for various reasons including this one but this can't
be done before several weeks due to the complexity to handle full
reindexing and continuous indexing at the same time.

Why is FieldCache populated with _version_ field as it isn't explicitly
used in sort, facet, grouping and function ?
I guess Solr needs this internally.

Is there a workaround in order to avoid FiledCache to be populated by
_version_ field  waiting to reindex ?

Regards

Dominique

Re: FieldCache and _version_field

Posted by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr>.
Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the response.
More details. Solr is version 7.7.0 and collection replicas are TLOG.

I will check, but I don't think atomic updates are required.

Regards

Dominique

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello, Dominique.