Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "Nathaniel A. Johnson" <na...@indiana.edu> on 2007/04/13 16:58:10 UTC

Pluto Driver (1.1.2) not using injected Portal URL Parser

Hi all,

We are in the process of upgrading to pluto 1.1.2 and have run into a
small problem.  We have taken advantage of the new IoC to inject the
required and optional services into our container services
(ContainerServicesImpl).  It appears that the PortalURLImpl and
RelativePortalURLImpl classes in the driver are not using the injected
override service for URL creation (PortalURLParser).  The code below is
showing the singleton access which always comes from
org.apache.pluto.driver.url.impl rather than the container services.

// The toString() method for both classes listed below

org.apache.pluto.driver.url.impl.PortalURLImpl
   and
org.apache.pluto.driver.url.impl.RelativePortalURLImpl

public String toString() {
     return PortalURLParserImpl.getParser().toString(this);
}

Am I just confused as to how this should work, or was this singleton
just missed?

Best,
Nate
--
Nathaniel A. Johnson                           Voice: 812.855.9905
Principal Systems Analyst                        Fax: 812.856.9046

Re: Pluto Driver (1.1.2) not using injected Portal URL Parser

Posted by "Nathaniel A. Johnson" <na...@indiana.edu>.
Elliot Metsger wrote:
> Not sure if my reply got through, my email is being funky.
>
> Anyway, it looks like this was missed (David may have comments).
> RelativePortalURLImpl was added in Pluto 1.1.3 which isn't officially
> released (voting still needs to complete).
>
> If you could file a Jira at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO
> it would be much appreciated!

The jira (PLUTO-356) has been created.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Nate

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.