Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/09/17 04:27:21 UTC

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

On Sep 15, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Simon Laws wrote:

> We came across a windows separator problem a while back
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1005)  which was fixed
> at OpenEJB 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT. Our Tuscany 1.x code base currently depends
> on this snapshot.
>
> Looking at the JIRA the fix also went into 3.1.1 but we're not ready
> to move up to 3.1.1 just yet. Will there be a 3.0.2 release?

Sure, we can cut a 3.0.2 release if you need it.  When would you need
it?

-David

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 28, 2010, at 11:30 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2010, at 9:10 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>
>> We would like to release our Tuscany Java SCA 1.6 extensions that use
>> OpenEJB, but these issues [1][2] are preventing us to do so.
>> Are there still plans to have a OpenEJB 3.0.2 ? If so, what's the time frame ?
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1005
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1068
>
> Can you give me the svn root of the module I need to check out to run the related Tuscany tests?

FYI. Looks like this was the original motivation for the URLDecoder.decode() -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-767

That jira indicates that the url has been "encoded". Whereas OPENEJB-1068 indicates that the url has not been "encoded". I'm not sure how we are ending up with encoded/unencoded strings, but that would seem to be the root of the problem...

--kevan

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon Nash,

Using OpenEJB version 3.1.2 the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException seem to get
resolved
and currently I still see the other exception as shown below (which I see
even in the older versions).

java.lang.Exception: Could not load sample/HelloworldEjbServlet.class
        at
org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef(ClassFinder.java:734)
        at org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:141)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$DiscoverAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:36
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$DiscoverAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:27
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:188)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.jee.JavaEEModuleHelper.getMetadataCompleteModules(JavaEEModuleHel
:116)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.jee.impl.JavaEEIntrospectorImpl.introspectJeeArchive(JavaEEIntros
pl.java:404)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.jee.impl.JavaEEArchiveProcessor.read(JavaEEArchiveProcessor.java:
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.jee.impl.JavaEEArchiveProcessor.read(JavaEEArchiveProcessor.java:
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyURLArtifa
sor.read(DefaultURLArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.read(ExtensibleURLArtifa
sor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.processReadPhase(Contributio
Impl.java:541)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.addContribution(Contribution
mpl.java:419)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.contribute(ContributionServi
ava:198)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.test.contribution.jee.TestExternalEarModelResolver.resolveModel(TestExternalEa
solver.java:104)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.resolver.ExtensibleModelResolver.resolveModel(ExtensibleModelReso
a:179)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.jee.xml.JEEImplementationProcessor.resolve(JEEImplementationPro
ava:203)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.jee.xml.JEEImplementationProcessor.resolve(JEEImplementationPro
ava:64)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyStAXArti
essor.resolve(DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:388)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXA
rocessor.java:183)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BaseAssemblyProcessor.resolveImplementation(BaseAssemblyProcessor
0)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeProcessor.resolve(CompositeProcessor.java:1028)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeProcessor.resolve(CompositeProcessor.java:90)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyStAXArti
essor.resolve(DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:388)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXA
rocessor.java:183)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sample.HelloworldEjbServlet
        at
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(ClassNotFoundException.java:76)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass(IsolatedClassLoader.java:103)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:846)
        ... 57 more

Is anyone seeing a similar error? Not sure if I am missing something.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
I tried using the geronimo-openejb module version 2.2 as the dependency as
still see the same errors
as Simon Nash mentioned in this mail.

Looks like Geronimo 2.2 comes with a OpenEjb version 3.1.2. As per the JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1005, the fixes are suppose to
be
available from 3.1.1-SNAPSHOT.

So I was assuming the new dependency should fix the issue for us, but does
not
seem to be.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:23 AM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

>>> Can you give me the svn root of the module I need to check out to run the
>>> related Tuscany tests?
>>>
>> Anyone have that information handy?  Willing to run the test and find a
>> solution that works on both mac and windows.
>>

>> -David
>>

> Sorry, I guess I missed you previous e-mail.
>
> The 1.6 release branch is available at :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-1.x/branches/sca-java-1.6/
>
> There are detailed exceptions and history of this issue in TUSCANY-3165
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3165
>
> As for an easy way to reproduce, I guess you could do the following
> - checkout 1.6 branch
> - build modules
> - try itest/contribution-jee witch should generate various test
> failures described in TUSCANY-3165
>
> Note that EJB dependency is controled in modules/contribution-jee-impl....
>
> Thanks in advance for helping.

I tried this and I got a number of errors, some of which are caused by
the TUSCANY-3165 issue and some of which aren't.  Here's the stack trace
from the third failing test, which demonstrates the problem described in
TUSCANY-3165.

   Simon

testWARAppcompContribImplicit(org.apache.tuscany.sca.test.contribution.jee.WARAp
pcompContribImplicitTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.438 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.ContributionException: java.lang.Str
ingIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceI
mpl.addContribution(ContributionServiceImpl.java:421)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceI
mpl.contribute(ContributionServiceImpl.java:198)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.test.contribution.jee.WARAppcompContribImplici
tTestCase.testWARAppcompContribImplicit(WARAppcompContribImplicitTestCase.java:8
2)
java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Path decoding (was Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 17, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Simon Laws
> <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Luciano's point. Luciano, Is this definitely an OpenEJB problem
>> and, if so, is there an OpenEJB JIRA targeting 3.0.2?
>>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1068

Think we might have gotten somewhere on this issue.  So as mentioned
in the OPENEJB-1068 comments, the decoding was added to fix a windows
space related path issue.  I dug through the commit messages on the
URLs class and found it:   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-767

The good part is that it occurred to me that converting a URL to a
File has to be something that the VM does all the time when someone
calls url.openStream()... so I went digging around and eventually
found my way to the Harmony code that does it.  Turns out it decodes
the "%" parts and just ignores the "+" parts.

Anyway, I checked the fix into trunk (3.1.3-SNAPSHOT), but can add it
to the 3.0.x branch as well.

I was going to try this out in Tuscany using the instructions given,
but I seem to recall seeing some commits a bit back that said the
OpenEJB dependency was yanked.  If that's the case, I'll just pulling
the svn revision from around the time the issue was reported for
testing purposes.

-David

Path decoding (was Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I'm of a mind to drop the failing tests out of our upcoming Tuscany
1.5.1 release as we don't actually ship anything that uses the JEE
functionality just yet. However Vamsi is building a Geronimo/Tuscany
plugin based on the JEE model and he can work round the specific
failures we see on Windows.

So to answer David's question, on this basis, there is no particular emergency.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:27 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Simon Laws wrote:
>
>> We came across a windows separator problem a while back
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1005)  which was fixed
>> at OpenEJB 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT. Our Tuscany 1.x code base currently depends
>> on this snapshot.
>>
>> Looking at the JIRA the fix also went into 3.1.1 but we're not ready
>> to move up to 3.1.1 just yet. Will there be a 3.0.2 release?
>
> Sure, we can cut a 3.0.2 release if you need it.  When would you need it?

Please consider TUSCANY-3261 for this release as well.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3261

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.