Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Jean-Eric Cuendet (JeSC)" <je...@jesc.ch> on 2006/02/13 10:12:58 UTC

POST handling

Hi,
I need a page in my Tapestry application to handle data that a remote
client could send me. I'll use an HTTP POST method.
How can I handle that in my application?
Thanks for any pointer.
-jec

--
JeSC - Software et Consulting
Jean-Eric Cuendet

Web       : http://jesc.ch / http://cuendet.biz
Tel       : +41 21 800 3343
Mobile    : +41 76 222 3343

Re: POST handling

Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.
There is an easier way (works in Tapestry 3.0) - simply setup a page and in
the pageBeginRender, use RequestCycle.getRequestContext.getParameter("name")
to access the posted variables and do what you'd like with it...Then your
page URL will be xyz/app?service=page/<Your page name>

Re: POST handling

Posted by Jean-Eric Cuendet <je...@rptec.ch>.

Raul Raja Martinez wrote:
> You need a custom engine service for doing so. You can inject
> HttpServletRequest in there.

OK, thanks.

> You can later use your service url to be the page that receives the post
> I can give you some code to get you started if you need it

With great pleasure.
-jec

Re: POST handling

Posted by "Jean-Eric Cuendet (JeSC)" <je...@jesc.ch>.
> You need a custom engine service for doing so. You can inject
> HttpServletRequest in there.
>
> You can later use your service url to be the page that receives the post
> I can give you some code to get you started if you need it

Thanks for the answer. I'll be glad if you could send me some code, yes.
Thanks a lot
-jec

Re: POST handling

Posted by Raul Raja Martinez <do...@estudiowebs.com>.
You need a custom engine service for doing so. You can inject
HttpServletRequest in there.

You can later use your service url to be the page that receives the post
I can give you some code to get you started if you need it

best regards.

Raul Raja.

Re: POST handling

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
Page should implement IExternalPage

public abstract class ZzzzzzPage extends BasePage implements IExternalPage {

  @InjectObject( "service:tapestry.globals.WebRequest")
  public abstract WebRequest getRequest();

 public void activateExternalPage(Object[] objects, IRequestCycle iRequestCycle) {

    String artifactName = getRequest().getParameterValue( "artifactName" );
    String repoUUID = getRequest().getParameterValue( "repoUUID" );

"Jean-Eric Cuendet (JeSC)" <je...@jesc.ch> wrote: Hi,
I need a page in my Tapestry application to handle data that a remote
client could send me. I'll use an HTTP POST method.
How can I handle that in my application?
Thanks for any pointer.
-jec

--
JeSC - Software et Consulting
Jean-Eric Cuendet
1168 Villars-sous-Yens

Web       : http://jesc.ch / http://cuendet.biz
Tel       : +41 21 800 3343
Mobile    : +41 76 222 3343

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)