Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1997/11/20 20:26:47 UTC

Win32 1.3b3

is now at:

ftp://www.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.3b3_win32.exe

give it a try before we announce...

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: Win32 1.3b3

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Thu, Nov 20, 1997 at 07:26:47PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> is now at:
>
> ftp://www.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.3b3_win32.exe
>
> give it a try before we announce...

Sorry if I'm being stupid here...

On NT 4.0 with SP3 installed, I can't get Apache started as a service:

At the prompt:

apache -i -d \bin\Apache

Then I enter the Services thingy and try to start the Apache service.
It hangs for a while (it's NT, so I expect this) and then complains:

Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function

"Yes, I know a nose is not a butt." -- Darrell Fuhriman