Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2014/05/11 01:23:28 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Gora

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores, document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with
extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce support.

Project Releases

The last release of Gora (0.4) was on 24th April, 2014.
This is a major release for the project with many improvements.

Overall Project Activity since last report

Project activity on the run up to the 0.4 release was excellent.
We've received a number of contributions from
non-pmc/committers which is really positive.
One such individual is now part of our PMC.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Alparslan Avci (alparslanavci) was elected as PMC member and committer
on 2014-04-04 (yyy-mm-dd).

Gora has featured in Black Duck Software's Open Source
Delivers blog with a guest post. Gora is also featuring in
the London HBase Users Group meet up towards the end of
May.
A number of members were very engaged in both the 0.4
development drive and release review process. We continue
to go from strength to strength.

Mailing list members are as follows
user@:    from 57 --> 62
dev@:     from 64 --> 74
commits@  from 26 --> 26

Changes to PMC & Committers

Alparslan Avci joined as PMC member and committer
on 2014-04-04 (yyy-mm-dd). Alparslan was one of a number of
community members who advanced the 0.4 release.

PMC and Committer diversity

We currently have committers from a wide variety of Apache projects
including, Nutch, Tika, OODT, Camel, Solr, Accumulo, Whirr, Hadoop,
Any23 & HBase (this is not an exhaustive list).

--

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 PMC