Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si> on 2005/06/30 21:41:38 UTC

MyEclipse support for Tapestry

Hi all,

did anyone investigate this:
http://www.myeclipseide.com/displayarticle39.html

New Milestone for MyEclipse - Includes UML , JSF & Tapestry

... "Tapestry integration easily adds Tapestry capabilities and
dependencies to any MyEclipse Web Project including a Specification and
a Template editors with auto-complete and project validation" ...

It looks Tapestry is getting more support. Great.

-Borut

Re: MyEclipse support for Tapestry

Posted by Robert Hannebauer <ro...@hannebauer.org>.

Geoff,

back at home and doing a fresh install i have time to post to the ME forum.
You can find my problems in "4.0 Milestone questions".

Sincerely yours,
   Robert

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Robert,

Did you post your issues to the ME support forums? I don't seem to be
able to find them.

Geoff

On 6/30/05, Robert Hannebauer <ro...@hannebauer.org> wrote:

The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:
Announcement Feed:
http://www.jroller.com/rss/glongman?catname=/Announcements
Feature Updates:            http://spindle.sf.net/updates

Re: MyEclipse support for Tapestry

Posted by Robert Hannebauer <ro...@hannebauer.org>.

Re: MyEclipse support for Tapestry

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Ron,

> Thats great that you get something to bite for your great work.

a modest sum but well appreciated.

> by the way, does it make sense waiting for spindle before switching to 4.0?

Short answer: don't wait as the new features of Tapestry 4.0 are
really cool. Spindle is a convenience tool and not a requirement for
using Tapestry.

Long Answer:

Spindle typically lags behind a new Tapestry release. I think the
first (really usable) Spindle 3 build was a couple of months behind
Tapestry 3's release. I'm sure a lot of people will recall that the
first, say, 10 or 11 builds of Spindle 3  were challenging to use but
it is great feedback that made Spindle improve quickly in the
subsequent 40 or so builds that year.

Thing is, each major release of Tapestry is a watershed event and
requires that large portions of Spindle be reworked. For example,
hivemind arrives in Tap 4.0 and I'm still working out how Spindle will
work with Tap+HM. Annotations and JDK 1.5 are another even more tricky
aspect of Tapestry 4.0.

Notice that the feature request list is quite long for Spindle. Part
of that is every other year Spindle gets overhauled for a new major
Tapestry release and the impacts ripple for many months afterwards.
During the upheaval there is little time left to create new features
and after things stabilize, I and my family need a rest (so my wife
doesn't strangle me).  New stuff that makes it in is usually low
impact and low effort so it can slip in between the cracks.

I think of it this way - a huge global  team produces a new version of
Eclipse every year with tons of exciting new features. They are lucky
'cuz they also define the platform they work with. I'm just one guy
and Howard drives the evolution of Tapestry not me. Not complaining -
the way it works is probably the way it should be.

All that said...if somebody wanted to lend me a huge global
development team.... ;-)

Geoff

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.