Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ZSL DCI ODC <vn...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/02 17:40:49 UTC

Apache POI Jar Version and JDK Environment for reading .xslx file

Am trying to read ".xlsx" files using POI 3.6 Jars with JDK 1.4 environment.
Please let me know, whether it's possible? if not, what are the minimal
environment required (Required POI Jar & JDK version) for the same.

Re: Apache POI Jar Version and JDK Environment for reading .xslx file

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 2 May 2014, ZSL DCI ODC wrote:
> Am trying to read ".xlsx" files using POI 3.6 Jars with JDK 1.4
> environment. Please let me know, whether it's possible? if not, what are
> the minimal environment required (Required POI Jar & JDK version) for
> the same.

OOXML support requires Java 1.5. POI 3.5-3.10 all require Java 1.5. POI
3.11 will require 1.6.

Java 1.4 came out 12 years ago, and hasn't had security updates for 6
years, so you should really upgrade!

Nick