Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2010/11/12 11:30:18 UTC

Re: HttpOnly + [VOTE] T&R libapreq-2.13

On 09/11/2010 06:16, Adam Prime wrote:
> I had some time to kill tonight and after some screwing around produced
> the attached patch which may or may not be useful.  It's for the C API
> (I'm assuming anyway) and does pass on my laptop with the debian patch
> applied.
>
> I am not familiar with httpd or libapreq internals, and basically made
> this up as I was going along, stealing what was already there, so any
> feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Adam
>
> On 08/11/10 10:09 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> The patch looks good to me too.  I'd been planning
>> to implement this feature some weekend and the patch
>> is pretty much how I'd do it, so I'd +1 it once the
>> corresponding tests are written.

All looks good.  Waiting for someone with more legal knowledge than I to
confirm that we can re-use the patch, and I'll commit to trunk.

We may also want to do a release.  With the small amount of development,
it could be years until this sees the light of day if we wait to package
more stuff into it :)  2.12 was released March, 2009, so I'd like to
call a vote to T&R 2.13.

[  ] Release 2.13 with the new HttpOnly cookie feature (once committed)
[  ] Don't release 2.13 yet

Thanks,
  Issac

Re: HttpOnly + [VOTE] T&R libapreq-2.13

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
> [X] Release 2.13 with the new HttpOnly cookie feature (once committed)
> [ ] Don't release 2.13 yet
Issac

Re: HttpOnly + [VOTE] T&R libapreq-2.13

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Looks good.  As soon as I can commit the HttpOnly, I'll test and apply
this, too.

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Hedges <he...@formdata.biz>.
> > All looks good.  Waiting for someone with more legal
> > knowledge than I to confirm that we can re-use the
> > patch, and I'll commit to trunk.

My 2 cents, it seems like since everything in Debian is an
open-source license, the libapreq2 package is released under
its native license, and Robert Stone contributed the patch
to the Debian mailing list for inclusion in the package with
the license as it stands in Debian (which is the same), that
his act of contributing the patch, which included no
additional license stipulations, was implicit authorization
to use it and include it in the Debian package.  Since the
Debian package is the same license as the native source, you
should be able to lift it under those terms.

Mark

Re: HttpOnly + [VOTE] T&R libapreq-2.13

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca>.