Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com> on 2007/04/18 17:53:18 UTC

JMX Binding Component

I have a requirement to have a JMX interface for a couple of custom
beans.  Is it possible, or even logical, to create something like a
JMX binding component?  My thought was that a number of beans would
be available and when a method is called on one of them, the bean
would create an XML document to send across the bus.

The rationale behind the requirement for the JMX components is to
provide the external users an interface that is standardized,
provides metadata, and authentication as well.  The thought is that
because JMX can provide these things, it may be a good fit.

Thank you,
Doug

Re: JMX Binding Component

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Do you need to expose existing beans over JMX ?
Or expose any service to JMX ?
The latter could be used to access for example a BPEL engine,
while the former could be done by just have the bean register
itself in the JMX server.

How would the JMX -> XML transformation occur ?
Or maybe you could retrieve the wsdl of the target service,
generate a service interface using jaxws / xfire / cxf / ...,
and expose it on jmx.  I think you should be able to do that
using jsr181.

I'm not sure about the actual need ? One of the problem
is that JMX is not a protocol, but it leverage some. Why not
go one level down and use the underlying protocol ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet