Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Stefano Galarraga <st...@primeur.com> on 2008/02/26 10:39:34 UTC

Re: FtpServer release

Hi,

Do you have any news about the project status?
Are you able to give any anticipation on how the configuration is going to
change?

Thanks,

- Stefano

Re: FtpServer release

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi

The project status is that the move to MINA is now complete, all
resources (SVN, mailing lists, site) has moved. As for the code, I'm
still in the middle of the rewrite to more fully use MINA (e.g.
supporting filters more directly) and to better support IoC. The core
module will be split into two parts:
* core: the FTP implementation. Perfect for embedding. Will not
support configuration directly, you have to choose whatever
configuration method you prefer, for example some IoC framework or
just hooking up the classes using Java directly.
* server: the standalone FTP server, will use Spring for
configuration. The configuration format will be similar to the current
XML configuration but support full Spring extensions, like inserting
your custom beans. If there is desire for a properties based
configuration format, I can look into that as well but that will be
after the XML format is designed.

Sounds good?

/niklas