Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Long <su...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/02/02 01:38:32 UTC

TilesController perform() depreciated and required in v1.2????

I would appreciate any help with the following problem.  I just upgraded one
of my applications from v1.1 to v1.2.4.  I have resolved all upgrade issues
except the following.  The Controller interface has depreciated the
perform() in favor of the execute(), but I am forced to implement both in
order to compile the code.  Since I am implementing perform() I get many
depreciation warnings from the compiler.  Does anyone have a solution?  I
have provided a code sample and error message below.

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long - CEO and Chief Software Engineer
Supernova Software - supernovasoftware.com
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering

Code Sample:

public abstract class BaseTilesController implements Controller {

public abstract void execute(ComponentContext context,
                             HttpServletRequest request,
                             HttpServletResponse response,
                             ServletContext servletContext)
                    throws ServletException, Exception;

 public void perform(ComponentContext tileContext,
                     HttpServletRequest request,
                     HttpServletResponse response,
                     ServletContext servletContext)
             throws ServletException, IOException {
  try {
    execute(tileContext, request, response, servletContext);
  } catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
  }
 }
}

Warning:

warning: [deprecation] perform(org.apache.struts.tile
s.ComponentContext,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,javax.servlet.http.
HttpServletResponse,javax.servlet.ServletContext) in
org.apache.struts.tiles.Controller has been deprecated