Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2009/06/02 09:15:43 UTC

Re: Jetspeed 2.2: mssql database maven configuration

Frank Otto wrote:
> I have created a new JIRA issue -->
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1024
>
> Now, how can I apply a patch to my maven build and after this to
> jetspeed 2 repository?
>
> This is the first JIRA issue for me.

Hi Frank,

As you (and/or your team) probably are more experienced with mssql than most of us, I suggest proceeding as I described before.
Compare the manually written mssql/create-schema.sql script against a generated one, PostgreSQL/Derby/MySql/Oracle etc. and determine the
parts missing or (now) incorrect.
Then try to convert those missing parts in a format suitable for mssql and test it out.
Once you've got everything working again, you can attach a resulting new mssql/create-schema.sql file to this JIRA issue and I can help out
creating a patch file based upon that (or just provide a diff file against the original).
Once we've checked and confirmed the changes are complete and valid, I can check it in against the jetspeed-2 svn repository.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> Frank Otto wrote:
>> Hi Ate,
>>
>> now, I have a working mssql script. But how do I integrate it in my
>> custom portal building? I want to test it.
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Assuming you're using a custom portal project generated using the
> archetype there are several ways how you can do that.
> I'm providing one solution below.
>
> As an example I'll use an artifactId "MyPortal", you'll have to adjust
> for your own chosen artifactId of course.
>
> The generated MyPortal/MyPortal-portal/jetspeed-mvn-portal.xml custom
> maven project file is handling the mvn jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=db
> execution which will create the database schema and seeding it.
> The "db" profile within this file contains several plugin executions to
>
> If you make the following changes:
>
> 1) store your custom create-schema.sql and drop-schema.sql files under
> new folder:
>     MyPortal/MyPortal-portal/src/sql/ddl/mssql
> section in the "db" profile (optional, but you don't need it)
> the two <path> elements pointing to the drop-schema.sql
>    and create-schema.sql by replacing the first part:
>      <path>${project.build.directory}/ddl/ [...]</path>
>    with:
>      <path>${basedir}/sql/ddl/ [...]</path>

Sorry, I made a typo in the example above, of course it should be:

       <path>${basedir}/src/sql/ddl/ [...]</path>

instead of

       <path>${basedir}/sql/ddl/ [...]</path>

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de>.