Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Lacas <ju...@stuffthis.net> on 2006/03/19 19:07:46 UTC

How to remove a directory from subversion control - commit error

Hello,
   I recently put my /etc folder under subversion control.
One directory in /etc is called systemserialnumbers and contains my
OS serial number info.

Long story short, my server software barfs when there is a .svn file
in the systemserialnumbers directory, so I removed the .svn folder
from there to get the server working again.

Now svn commit fails with this error:
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Working copy '/private/etc/systemserialnumbers' is missing or
not locked

I would like to remove /private/etc/systemserialnumbers from
subversion control so I can do my commit.

I've tried using svn delete, but this is what I got:
sudo svn delete file:///usr/local/svn/private/etc/systemserialnumbers
-m "Removing systemserialnumbers so it won't complain"
svn: URL 'systemserialnumbers' does not exist

Anyone know what I should do to get past this?

Thanks,
ml