Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marcel Berteler <Ma...@capetown.gov.za> on 2017/02/21 06:12:13 UTC

SSL Problem solr 6.4.1 - Error from shard - ADDREPLICA failed to create replica

We are trying to get SOLR 6.4.1 to run on a windows 10 server, but for some reason it just does not want to function properly. On my personal win7 machine, it works like a dream.

We configured SOLR to use SSL and run on port 443 on localhost in cloud mode, using the build-in Zookeeper.

All is working well and after starting the server for the 1st time, we added the urlScheme (https) as a cluster property.

I also ensure the -Dsolr.ssl.checkPeerName=false is added to the SOLR properties in solr.in.cmd

During starting, no SSL, password or keystore errors.

I can surf to the admin UI and all seems fine.

But as soon as I try and use the BACKUP or RESTORE functions, I get the weirdest errors indicating my SSL passwords are incorrect and the process fails.

The passwords are correct otherwise SOLR would not start nor would I be able to use the admin UI. To me it indicates that whatever is doing the actual Backup and Restore is not reading the correct passwords.

https://localhost/solr/admin/collections?action=RESTORE&name=coct20170214&location=/solr&collection=coct20170214&collection.configName=coct

Is there anybody who has a clue why this happens?

Here is an extract of the logs:

20 February 2017 09:00:13 AM ERROR true  OverseerCollectionMessageHandler Error from shard: https://localhost:443/solr

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
            at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
            at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext.getDefaultKeyManager(Unknown Source)
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            ... 55 more
Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed
            ... 64 more

20 February 2017 09:00:13 AM ERROR false  OverseerCollectionMessageHandler Collection: coct20170214 operation: restore failed:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ADDREPLICA failed to create replica

20 February 2017 09:00:13 AM ERROR false  HttpSolrCall null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ADDREPLICA failed to create replica

Kind regards,

Marcel Berteler

Disclaimer: This e-mail (including attachments) is subject to the disclaimer published at: http://www.capetown.gov.za/general/email-disclaimer Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this e-mail. If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@capetown.gov.za and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.