Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Allen George <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/01 18:32:01 UTC

PR submitted: Add Rust support to Thrift

Hi everyone.

First - happy new year! - I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.

I've just submitted a PR for Rust support in Thrift. Everything is
implemented except:

* struct/union constants (honestly, I don't think it's possible)
* multiplexed processor

I've rebased on today's master and run the cross-platform tests, which
complete successfully for all locally-built clients. I'd appreciate
comments on the generator code as well as the Rust client library. I
will be continuing work on FIXMEs, documentation, review comments and
unit tests, but I wanted to get this out there so that you guys can
take a look.

Thank you so much for your work on Thrift!

Allen

Terminal Musings: http://www.allengeorge.com/
Raft in Java: https://github.com/allengeorge/libraft/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/allenageorge/

Re: PR submitted: Add Rust support to Thrift

Posted by Randy Abernethy <ra...@gmail.com>.
What a great new years gift to the community. Thanks for all the work Allen!