Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm> on 2006/09/23 13:54:13 UTC

[m2] Packaging as directory

Hi all,

I have a project which contains only XML schema files.
Other project files depend on these XML schemas for validation, i.e.
there must be some fixed URL for the XML validator to find the
appropriate XML schema for each one of the validating XML files (this
URL is contained by the XML schemaLocation property).

I would like to point the XML schemaLocation property to an URL in my M2
repository where the XML schema files are deployed. The problem is that
the deployment artifact is archived as a WAR file and the repository
server does not know how to unpack the archive on demand and the schema
files remain unaccessible :-(

I am thinking about a "directory" packaging type -- is it possible?
Any other solution?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian.