Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jahlborn <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 16:20:46 UTC

Message browsing hanging

So, we've had issues on and off where it seems like message browsing hangs.
I've managed to reproduce the scenario in my dev setup, but i'm not sure how
to get to the bottom of the problem.  I'm using activemq 5.9.1.  I have a
network with two (embedded) brokers.  i have a queue which has 8 messages on
one broker and 2 messages on the other broker.  i can browse the 8 messages
just fine.  when i try to browse the 2 message (using the Enumeration), i
get the 2 messages and then the Enumeration.hasMoreElements() call hangs
(doesn't return false).   (note, the first message of the two has a
redelivery count of 1).  While i'm testing this, there are no other
consumers of the queue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what state inside activemq i should
investigate in order to determine why the browser is not correctly
determining that it has found all the messages?

thanks,
-james

Re: Message browsing hanging

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
I would try a newer ActiveMQ version before putting in a JIRA.  There were
some fixes in newer versions that are related to message browsing.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by jahlborn <ja...@gmail.com>.