Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/20 21:01:05 UTC

Release early / release often (m2 jar and assembly plugins)

Hei guys,

I've pointed that in several mails before and wonder what can I do to
help further:

- the maven jar plugin has many patches waiting. Some affect depending
plugins (especially the webstart wich has been unable to work now for
weeks). Can we do something about that? The more we wait, the more
patches will rot or conflict between each other...

- as I said almost 2 months ago the latest assembly plugin (from a
branch) didn't contain several critical issues that went into the
trunk. How far is 2.1? Are there blocking issues today that prevent
the release of 2.1 as is? Can we do that and postpone the other issues
to 2.2? If so, I will let a developer call for a vote.

Cheers,

Jerome

Re: Release early / release often (m2 jar and assembly plugins)

Posted by jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 3/24/06, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/24/06, jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there anything I can do to help resolve the issues described below ?
>
> Yes, check the comments in MJAR-32 and please review your patch accordingly.

I had planned to review that one once the other have been checked in.
Won't probably have time this week-end.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 3/24/06, jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anything I can do to help resolve the issues described below ?

Yes, check the comments in MJAR-32 and please review your patch accordingly.

Thanks,
Stéphane

> Thanks,
>
> Jerome
>
> > - the maven jar plugin has many patches waiting. Some affect depending
> > plugins (especially the webstart wich has been unable to work now for
> > weeks). Can we do something about that? The more we wait, the more
> > patches will rot or conflict between each other...
> >
> > - as I said almost 2 months ago the latest assembly plugin (from a
> > branch) didn't contain several critical issues that went into the
> > trunk. How far is 2.1? Are there blocking issues today that prevent
> > the release of 2.1 as is? Can we do that and postpone the other issues
> > to 2.2? If so, I will let a developer call for a vote.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jerome

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Release early / release often (m2 jar and assembly plugins)

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I think it is solid enougth to cut another beta release for
maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerome,

Sorry for the long delay. Regarding the JAR plugin, I will have a look
to the patches this week-end.

Regarding the assembly plugin, maybe Brett can help. I can't answer
you at this point but I'll check as well tomorrow if Brett or anyone
else didn't answered your question.

Cheers,
Stéphane

On 3/24/06, jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/06, jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hei guys,
> >
> > I've pointed that in several mails before and wonder what can I do to
> > help further:
>
> Is there anything I can do to help resolve the issues described below ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerome
>
> > - the maven jar plugin has many patches waiting. Some affect depending
> > plugins (especially the webstart wich has been unable to work now for
> > weeks). Can we do something about that? The more we wait, the more
> > patches will rot or conflict between each other...
> >
> > - as I said almost 2 months ago the latest assembly plugin (from a
> > branch) didn't contain several critical issues that went into the
> > trunk. How far is 2.1? Are there blocking issues today that prevent
> > the release of 2.1 as is? Can we do that and postpone the other issues
> > to 2.2? If so, I will let a developer call for a vote.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jerome

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Release early / release often (m2 jar and assembly plugins)

Posted by jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.