Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Andriod Guru <as...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/23 06:16:06 UTC

Empty Data Source in Druid

Hi Team,

I am trying to automate Druid pipeline using stream sets and one of the use case demands an empty druid data source should be created for users.

Do we have opportunity to create one?

Also how can I start contributing to Druid releases. I have been using Druid since 0.14 version and have fair idea about Java.

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: Empty Data Source in Druid

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
In Druid it's not possible to have a datasource without any segments. But
is possible, in theory, to have an empty datasource: you would need a
single segment that has no rows (the important part is that the segment
exists, not that it actually has rows in it). But there are two problems
with this:

1) Druid ingestion really tries to avoid creating segments with zero rows.
So it may not be possible without hackery.
2) Druid SQL will probably not work right on a datasource with zero rows in
it. (I don't think any of the columns, etc, will be detected properly.)

I would consider this an unsupported use case currently.

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@apollographql.com>.

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@apollographql.com>.