Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/05/30 00:58:24 UTC

[4.1.3] Milestone available for testing

The 4.1.3 milestone is available for testing.
The vote on how much the build should be publicized will happen later this
week (unless a showstopper bug is found before, in which case a new
milestone will be released).

Binaries are available at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.3/

WARNING: This is not an official Tomcat release and should be considered as
stable as a nightly build. The build is available for testing purposes only.

Highlights in this build include further performance improvements in Jasper
(with a lot more to come), usage of Ant 1.5 as the JSP compiler, and a
complete rewrite of the SSI functionality.

Remy

Re: [4.1.3] Milestone available for testing

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Clere, Jean-Frederic wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> this

>> as

>> only.
>>
>>> I am not able to get the administration tool working (like if the role
>>

>> "manager"
>>
>>> would not be enough to use it (403 and 404 - /admin/j_security_check).
>>

>> It needs role "admin".
>

> But it was "manager" in TC4.0 :-(

How do deploy a new application using the administration tool?
I have a war file (servlet-tests.war) to deploy as /servlet-tests.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> > It needs role "admin".
>
> But it was "manager" in TC4.0 :-(

No, no, you got it all wrong ;-)

- "manager" for the "/manager" webapp
- "admin" for the "/admin" webapp

> > The admin stuff and the new memory realm insist to write to the conf/
> > folder. You can configure the old memory realm to avoid that.
>
> Ok, and  if I use the admin tool I need to write the user information.

I don't think so. You need to change the realm. However, the admin webapp
likes to try to save the changes to server.xml (otherwise, the changes won't
be persistent).

> What about the logs? The question is would it be possible to open the file
> before being "nobody"?

There was some discussion about adding an init() method to the Lifecycle
interface, but it's never been done as it would break compatibility with
many 4.0 modules.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>
>>>The 4.1.3 milestone is available for testing.
>>>The vote on how much the build should be publicized will happen later
>>
> this
>
>>>week (unless a showstopper bug is found before, in which case a new
>>>milestone will be released).
>>>
>>>Binaries are available at:
>>>http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.3/
>>>
>>>WARNING: This is not an official Tomcat release and should be considered
>>
> as
>
>>>stable as a nightly build. The build is available for testing purposes
>>
> only.
>
>>I am not able to get the administration tool working (like if the role
>
> "manager"
>
>>would not be enough to use it (403 and 404 - /admin/j_security_check).
>

> It needs role "admin".

But it was "manager" in TC4.0 :-(

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.