Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2015/02/04 02:37:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.0 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
Kafka 0.8.2.0.

The 0.8.2.0 release introduces many new features, improvements and fixes
including:
 - A new Java producer for ease of implementation and enhanced performance.
 - A Kafka-based offset storage.
 - Delete topic support.
 - Per topic configuration of preference for consistency over availability.
 - Scala 2.11 support and dropping support for Scala 2.8.
 - LZ4 Compression.

All of the changes in this release can be found:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
rethought of as a distributed commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
and
writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
central data backbone
for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded
without downtime.
Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow
data streams
larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of
co-ordinated consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
cluster to prevent
data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance
impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
offers
strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,

Jun

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.0 Released

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.
YaY!. Thanks to Jun and everybody who contributed to this release. We have
been waiting for this release for a while.

Thanks,
Rajasekar Elango (Salesforce.com).

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> wrote:

> The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
> Kafka 0.8.2.0.
>
> The 0.8.2.0 release introduces many new features, improvements and fixes
> including:
>  - A new Java producer for ease of implementation and enhanced performance.
>  - A Kafka-based offset storage.
>  - Delete topic support.
>  - Per topic configuration of preference for consistency over availability.
>  - Scala 2.11 support and dropping support for Scala 2.8.
>  - LZ4 Compression.
>
> All of the changes in this release can be found:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
> rethought of as a distributed commit log.
>
> ** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
> and
> writes per second from thousands of clients.
>
> ** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
> central data backbone
> for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded
> without downtime.
> Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow
> data streams
> larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of
> co-ordinated consumers.
>
> ** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
> cluster to prevent
> data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance
> impact.
>
> ** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
> offers
> strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.
>
> You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
> http://kafka.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

Raja.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.0 Released

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.
YaY!. Thanks to Jun and everybody who contributed to this release. We have
been waiting for this release for a while.

Thanks,
Rajasekar Elango (Salesforce.com).

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> wrote:

> The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
> Kafka 0.8.2.0.
>
> The 0.8.2.0 release introduces many new features, improvements and fixes
> including:
>  - A new Java producer for ease of implementation and enhanced performance.
>  - A Kafka-based offset storage.
>  - Delete topic support.
>  - Per topic configuration of preference for consistency over availability.
>  - Scala 2.11 support and dropping support for Scala 2.8.
>  - LZ4 Compression.
>
> All of the changes in this release can be found:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
> rethought of as a distributed commit log.
>
> ** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
> and
> writes per second from thousands of clients.
>
> ** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
> central data backbone
> for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded
> without downtime.
> Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow
> data streams
> larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of
> co-ordinated consumers.
>
> ** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
> cluster to prevent
> data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance
> impact.
>
> ** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
> offers
> strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.
>
> You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
> http://kafka.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

Raja.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.0 Released

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@gmail.com>.
Congratz team it's a big accomplishment

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.