Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Okan Çetin <ok...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/27 12:53:16 UTC

[Trinidad] selectOneChoice Skins

Hi;
I want to change the default arrow image of selectOneChoice component.
I look at this address :
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/adf/adffaces/11/doc/skin-selectors.html

There is af|selectOneChoice but no explanation about changing default
arrow image.

Is there any ideas?

I am sending a picture that i wanted
--
~
otomatik oluşturuldu:

Re: [Trinidad] selectOneChoice Skins

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Okan,

Strange... I had the exact same question from a co-worker yesterday. Sadly,
you cannot change that image as it is in fact handled completely by the
browser and can even be different from a platform to another using the same
browser (MSIE on XP vs. Vista for instance). This is due to the fact that
selectOneChoice generate a HTML <select> and CSS just don't allow you to
mess with its image.

If you want to control the look completely, you'll have to create your own
custom component using CSS-DOM magic to make it look like a drop-down menu.
Here's a decent link showing what the generated markup must look like :
http://www.easy-designs.net/articles/replaceSelect/. Note that playing with
CSS and DOM is very sensitive to how much the browsers are standard
compliant (*cough* MSIE) and therefore make it hard to have it work on all
of them.

Regards,

~ Simon