Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2004/01/05 22:53:05 UTC

friendly reminder: author tags

Hi gang,

here at avalon, we don't add author tags to sourcefiles, except for:

@author <a href="mailto:dev@avalon.apache.org">Avalon Development
         Team</a>

discussion and rationale for that are in the mailing list archives.

In summary, we want to discourage an ownership feeling for code (more
from others than from the author itself), want to recognize that
contributions in forms other than code are equally valuable, and reflect
this is a community-developed project. Finally, the contact address for
all our code is our mailing list, and never the individual developer.

Who has worked on a file is always clear from the CVS logs. That's also
the place to mention who provided a patch or other type of contribution.

thanks!

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons