Posted to user@spark.apache.org by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/17 17:06:21 UTC

Struct Type

Hi,

I have following schema in dataframe and I want to extract key which
matches as MaxSpeed from the array and it's corresponding value of the key.

|-- tags: array (nullable = true)
 |    |-- element: struct (containsNull = true)
 |    |    |-- key: string (nullable = true)
 |    |    |-- value: string (nullable = true)

is there any way to achieve it in dataframe?

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: Struct Type

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi,

Use explode function, filter operator and collect_list function.

Or "heavier" flatMap.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----