Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kuldeep Chitrakar <ku...@synechron.com> on 2012/10/15 09:19:37 UTC

Connecting Remote Hbase & pentaho

Hi

To connect to Hbase do we always need to have Pentao installed on one of the Hadoop Cluster machine.

Cant we connect to a Hbase remotely using Pentahi like

Pentaho on Windows machine and Hbase on some linux box.

Is it true for HDFS also?

Thanks,
Kuldeep

RE: Connecting Remote Hbase & pentaho

Posted by Anoop Sam John <an...@huawei.com>.
Hi Kuldeep,
                    If I read your intention behind the question correctly, you want to know whether you can connect to HBase (which is running on a linux box within your hadoop cluster) from another node which is on windows may be...
Yes you can. Your HBase client can be running out side your hadooop cluster.. It will be able to connect..  Remember that the HBase client will try to connect to the zookeeper node also.. Yes the zookeeper client also can be in windows env..

-Anoop-

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Kuldeep Chitrakar
<ku...@synechron.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> To connect to Hbase do we always need to have Pentao installed on one of the Hadoop Cluster machine.
>
> Cant we connect to a Hbase remotely using Pentahi like
>
> Pentaho on Windows machine and Hbase on some linux box.
>
> Is it true for HDFS also?

You do not need pentao or pentahi (whatever these are) to connect to hbase.
St.Ack