Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Deepa Remesh <dr...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/10 00:31:16 UTC

Patch for jdk13 and j9 tests

Hi,

I am attaching a patch with test and master changes for tests which
are failing with jdk13 and j9_13 jvm.

* updatableResultSet.out - updated masters for jdk13.

* derby_tests.policy -  added security permission
"insertProvider.IBMJCE" which is required by encryption tests to run
with IBM jdk13.

* store\TestDurabilityProperty.java, store\backupRestore1.java - Added
a condition to use DataSource to get connection when jsr169 is used.
This condition is needed because j9_13
uses EmbeddedDataSource which implements javax.naming.Referenceable.
This is not available in j9.

I have run the changed tests using  jdk14 and jdk13/j9_13
successfully. Please review/commit this patch.

Thanks,
Deepa

Re: Patch for jdk13 and j9 tests

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Hi again,

Deepa> > So I tried the patch and the test now works for embedded under jdk1.3,
Deepa> > but I still can't run the test with the network client driver. I get
Deepa> > this message:
Deepa> >
Deepa> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/sql/DataSource
Deepa> >
Deepa>
Deepa> For me, the patch works for both embedded and with network client. I
Deepa> had tried with IBM jdk1.3. I just tried with Sun jdk1.3 now. Both work
Deepa> for me. Can you check if the JDBC 2.0 extension jar is in your
Deepa> classpath when you run network client?

That was it, thanks! Works now. This patch allows me to make a correct
master for 1.3 when I update the test, so hopefully this gets
committed soon ;)

Dag

Re: Patch for jdk13 and j9 tests

Posted by Deepa Remesh <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Deepa,

I had actually just found the issue with the canon for
updatableResultSet.java when running when Sun jdk1.3 when I noticed
your posting :)

So I tried the patch and the test now works for embedded under jdk1.3,
but I still can't run the test with the network client driver. I get

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/sql/DataSource

Dag

Deepa>
Deepa> Hi,
Deepa> I am attaching a patch with test and master changes for tests which
Deepa> are failing with jdk13 and j9_13 jvm.
Deepa>
Deepa> * updatableResultSet.out - updated masters for jdk13.
Deepa>
Deepa> * derby_tests.policy -  added security permission
Deepa> "insertProvider.IBMJCE" which is required by encryption tests to run
Deepa> with IBM jdk13.
Deepa>
Deepa> * store\TestDurabilityProperty.java, store\backupRestore1.java - Added
Deepa> a condition to use DataSource to get connection when jsr169 is used.
Deepa> This condition is needed because j9_13
Deepa> uses EmbeddedDataSource which implements javax.naming.Referenceable.
Deepa> This is not available in j9.
Deepa>
Deepa> I have run the changed tests using  jdk14 and jdk13/j9_13
Deepa> successfully. Please review/commit this patch.
Deepa>
Deepa> Thanks,
Deepa> Deepa
Deepa> Index: java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/TestDurabilityProperty.java
Deepa> ===================================================================
Deepa> --- java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/TestDurabilityProperty.java	(revision 355621)
Deepa> +++ java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/TestDurabilityProperty.java	(working copy)
Deepa> @@ -23,12 +23,12 @@
Deepa>  import java.sql.Connection;
Deepa>  import java.sql.Statement;
Deepa>  import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
Deepa> +import java.sql.DriverManager;
Deepa>  import java.sql.SQLException;
Deepa>  import java.io.*;
Deepa>  import org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.TestUtil;
Deepa>  import java.util.Properties;
Deepa>
Deepa> -
Deepa>  /**
Deepa>   * This program tests the system when the derby.system.durability property is
Deepa>   * set to 'test'.
Deepa> @@ -124,7 +124,11 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>          try {
Deepa>              conn.close();
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("");
Deepa> +            if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +                DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +            } else {
Deepa> +            	TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("");
Deepa> +            }
Deepa>          } catch (SQLException sqle) {
Deepa>              if ("XJ015".equals(sqle.getSQLState())) {
Deepa>              }// ok database shutdown
Deepa> Index: java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/backupRestore1.java
Deepa> ===================================================================
Deepa> --- java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/backupRestore1.java	(revision 355621)
Deepa> +++ java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/store/backupRestore1.java	(working copy)
Deepa> @@ -27,6 +27,7 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>  import java.sql.CallableStatement;
Deepa>  import java.sql.Connection;
Deepa> +import java.sql.DriverManager;
Deepa>  import java.sql.SQLException;
Deepa>  import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
Deepa>  import java.sql.ResultSet;
Deepa> @@ -121,8 +122,14 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>  		//shutdown the database ..
Deepa>  		try{
Deepa> -			//shutdown
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			//shutdown
Deepa> +			//Need to use if loop because DataSource does not work with j9_13.
Deepa> +			//javax.naming.Referenceable class is not available in j9_13
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  		}catch(SQLException se){
Deepa>  				if (se.getSQLState() != null && se.getSQLState().equals("08006"))
Deepa>  					System.out.println("database shutdown properly");
Deepa> @@ -134,11 +141,17 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>  		System.out.println("testing rollforward recovery");
Deepa>  		try{
Deepa> +			Connection conn;
Deepa>  			//perform rollforward recovery and do some inserts again
Deepa> -			Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("connectionAttributes", "rollForwardRecoveryFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> -			Connection conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
Deepa> +				  "jdbc:derby:wombat;rollForwardRecoveryFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("connectionAttributes", "rollForwardRecoveryFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> +				conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  			//run consistenct checker
Deepa>  			Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
Deepa>  			stmt.execute("VALUES (ConsistencyChecker())");
Deepa> @@ -152,7 +165,12 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>              conn.commit();
Deepa>  			conn.close();
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  		}
Deepa>          catch( SQLException se)
Deepa>          {
Deepa> @@ -170,9 +188,14 @@
Deepa>  		RandomAccessFile rfs = null;
Deepa>  		boolean alreadyShutdown = false;
Deepa>  		try{
Deepa> -			Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> -			Connection conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			Connection conn;
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> +				conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>
Deepa>  			//just open to a file in existing backup, so that rename will fail on
Deepa>  			//next backup
Deepa> @@ -186,7 +209,11 @@
Deepa>              backupStmt.execute();
Deepa>              backupStmt.close();
Deepa>  			conn.close();
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  		}catch(SQLException se)
Deepa>  		{
Deepa>  			if (se.getSQLState() != null && se.getSQLState().equals("XSRS4"))
Deepa> @@ -211,7 +238,11 @@
Deepa>  		{
Deepa>  			try{
Deepa>  				//shutdown
Deepa> -				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +				if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +					Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +				} else {
Deepa> +					TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +				}
Deepa>  			}catch(SQLException se){
Deepa>  				if (se.getSQLState() != null && se.getSQLState().equals("08006"))
Deepa>  					System.out.println("database shutdown properly");
Deepa> @@ -228,17 +259,26 @@
Deepa>  			if(rfs != null )
Deepa>  				rfs.close();
Deepa>
Deepa> -			Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("connectionAttributes","restoreFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> -			Connection conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			Connection conn;
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;restoreFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("connectionAttributes","restoreFrom=extinout/mybackup/wombat");
Deepa> +				conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>
Deepa>  			//run consistenct checker
Deepa>  			Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
Deepa>  			stmt.execute("VALUES (ConsistencyChecker())");
Deepa>  			conn.close();
Deepa>  			//shutdown the backup db;
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  		}catch(SQLException se)
Deepa>  		{
Deepa>  			if (se.getSQLState() != null && se.getSQLState().equals("08006"))
Deepa> @@ -251,9 +291,14 @@
Deepa>
Deepa>  		//now take a backup again , just to make all is well in the system.
Deepa>  		try{
Deepa> -			Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> -			prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> -			Connection conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			Connection conn;
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				Properties prop = new Properties();
Deepa> +				prop.setProperty("databaseName","wombat");
Deepa> +				conn = TestUtil.getDataSourceConnection(prop);
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>
Deepa>              CallableStatement backupStmt = conn.prepareCall(
Deepa>                  "CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)");
Deepa> @@ -264,7 +309,11 @@
Deepa>  			Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
Deepa>  			stmt.execute("VALUES (ConsistencyChecker())");
Deepa>  			conn.close();
Deepa> -			TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			if(TestUtil.HAVE_DRIVER_CLASS) {
Deepa> +				conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:wombat;shutdown=true");
Deepa> +			} else {
Deepa> +				TestUtil.shutdownUsingDataSource("wombat");
Deepa> +			}
Deepa>  		}catch(SQLException se)
Deepa>  		{
Deepa>  			if (se.getSQLState() != null && se.getSQLState().equals("08006"))
Deepa> Index: java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNetClient/updatableResultSet.out
Deepa> ===================================================================
Deepa> --- java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNetClient/updatableResultSet.out	(revision 355621)
Deepa> +++ java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNetClient/updatableResultSet.out	(working copy)
Deepa> @@ -588,9 +588,7 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : ResultSet is not updatable.
Deepa>    Test updateClob on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Test updateDate on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>    Got expected exception : ResultSet is not updatable.
Deepa> @@ -608,9 +606,7 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : ResultSet is not updatable.
Deepa>    Test updateBlob on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Test updateBoolean on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>    Got expected exception : ResultSet is not updatable.
Deepa> @@ -623,14 +619,10 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : ResultSet is not updatable.
Deepa>    Test updateArray on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Test updateRef on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Positive Test21 - Test all updateXXX(excluding updateObject) methods on all the supported sql datatypes
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is SMALLINT
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa> @@ -681,9 +673,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -701,9 +691,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -712,14 +700,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is INTEGER
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -769,9 +753,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -789,9 +771,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -800,14 +780,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is BIGINT
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -857,9 +833,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -877,9 +851,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -888,14 +860,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -945,9 +913,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -965,9 +931,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -976,14 +940,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is REAL
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1031,9 +991,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1051,9 +1009,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -1062,14 +1018,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is DOUBLE
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1117,9 +1069,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1137,9 +1087,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -1148,14 +1096,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is CHAR(60)
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1199,9 +1143,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa> @@ -1213,9 +1155,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -1224,14 +1164,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1275,9 +1211,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa> @@ -1289,9 +1223,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -1300,14 +1232,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1351,9 +1279,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa> @@ -1365,9 +1291,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa> @@ -1376,14 +1300,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1443,9 +1363,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1463,9 +1381,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1476,14 +1392,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1543,9 +1455,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1563,9 +1473,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1576,14 +1484,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1643,9 +1547,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1663,9 +1565,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1676,14 +1576,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is CLOB(1k)
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1741,9 +1637,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1761,9 +1655,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1774,14 +1666,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is DATE
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1845,9 +1733,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa> @@ -1861,9 +1747,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1874,14 +1758,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is TIME
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1945,9 +1825,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1961,9 +1839,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -1974,14 +1850,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is TIMESTAMP
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -2045,9 +1917,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa> @@ -2061,9 +1931,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -2074,14 +1942,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is BLOB(1k)
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -2141,9 +2005,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -2161,9 +2023,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> @@ -2174,14 +2034,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : JDBC 3 method called - not yet supported
Deepa>  Positive Test22 - Test updateObject method
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is SMALLINT
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Short object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2204,10 +2060,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Date object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Date object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2220,10 +2072,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & null as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2251,10 +2099,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2267,10 +2111,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2298,10 +2138,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2314,10 +2150,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2345,10 +2177,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2361,10 +2189,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2390,10 +2214,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2406,10 +2226,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2435,10 +2251,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2451,10 +2263,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2480,18 +2288,12 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Clob object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Date object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Date object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Time object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Time object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2517,18 +2319,12 @@
Deepa> @@ -2554,18 +2350,12 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2603,10 +2393,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2619,10 +2405,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink CHAR () FOR BIT DATA 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 2.
Deepa> @@ -2662,10 +2444,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2678,10 +2456,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 2.
Deepa> @@ -2721,10 +2495,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2737,8 +2507,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2778,8 +2546,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2792,10 +2558,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2837,10 +2599,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2849,10 +2607,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2894,10 +2648,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2906,10 +2656,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2951,10 +2697,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -2963,10 +2705,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -3006,10 +2744,6 @@
Deepa> @@ -3022,8 +2756,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Blob object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : Illegal Conversion
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa> Index: java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/updatableResultSet.out
Deepa> ===================================================================
Deepa> --- java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/updatableResultSet.out	(revision 355621)
Deepa> +++ java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/updatableResultSet.out	(working copy)
Deepa> @@ -586,9 +586,7 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : 'updateBinaryStream' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Test updateClob on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : 'updateClob' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : 'updateClob' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Test updateDate on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>    Got expected exception : 'updateDate' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa> @@ -606,9 +604,7 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : 'updateTimestamp' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Test updateBlob on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : 'updateBlob' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : 'updateBlob' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Test updateBoolean on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>    Got expected exception : 'updateBoolean' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa> @@ -621,14 +617,10 @@
Deepa>    Got expected exception : 'updateNull' not allowed because the ResultSet is not an updatable ResultSet.
Deepa>    Test updateArray on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>    Test updateRef on a readonly resultset
Deepa>    Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>    Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -  Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>  Positive Test21 - Test all updateXXX(excluding updateObject) methods on all the supported sql datatypes
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is SMALLINT
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa> @@ -677,9 +669,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'SMALLINT' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'SMALLINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'SMALLINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'SMALLINT'.
Deepa> @@ -697,9 +687,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'SMALLINT'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type SMALLINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'SMALLINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -708,14 +696,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -763,9 +747,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'INTEGER' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'INTEGER' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'INTEGER' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'INTEGER'.
Deepa> @@ -783,9 +765,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'INTEGER'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type INTEGER
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'INTEGER' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -794,14 +774,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -849,9 +825,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BIGINT' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BIGINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BIGINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'BIGINT'.
Deepa> @@ -869,9 +843,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'BIGINT'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type BIGINT
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BIGINT' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -880,14 +852,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -935,9 +903,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DECIMAL' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DECIMAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DECIMAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'DECIMAL'.
Deepa> @@ -955,9 +921,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'DECIMAL'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DECIMAL(10,5)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DECIMAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -966,14 +930,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1021,9 +981,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'REAL' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'REAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'REAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'REAL'.
Deepa> @@ -1041,9 +999,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'REAL'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'REAL' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -1052,14 +1008,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type REAL
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is DOUBLE
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1107,9 +1059,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DOUBLE' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DOUBLE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DOUBLE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'DOUBLE'.
Deepa> @@ -1127,9 +1077,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'DOUBLE'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DOUBLE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DOUBLE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -1138,14 +1086,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1187,9 +1131,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> @@ -1201,9 +1143,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -1212,14 +1152,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1261,9 +1197,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> @@ -1275,9 +1209,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type VARCHAR(60)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -1286,14 +1218,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1335,9 +1263,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> @@ -1349,9 +1275,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> @@ -1360,14 +1284,10 @@
Deepa> @@ -1427,9 +1347,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1447,9 +1365,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type CHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1460,14 +1376,10 @@
Deepa> @@ -1527,9 +1439,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1547,9 +1457,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type VARCHAR(2) FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1560,14 +1468,10 @@
Deepa> @@ -1627,9 +1531,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1647,9 +1549,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -1660,14 +1560,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1743,9 +1639,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'CLOB'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'CLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type CLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'CLOB'.
Deepa> @@ -1756,14 +1650,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -1827,9 +1717,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> @@ -1843,9 +1731,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'DATE'.
Deepa> @@ -1856,14 +1742,10 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateNull
Deepa>    Testing updateArray on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateArray
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>    Testing updateRef on SQL type DATE
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateRef
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : Feature not implemented: no details.
Deepa>  Next datatype to test is TIME
Deepa>    Testing updateShort on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateShort
Deepa> @@ -1927,9 +1809,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIME' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIME' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIME' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'TIME'.
Deepa> @@ -1943,9 +1823,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIME' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIME' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type TIME
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'TIME'.
Deepa> @@ -1956,14 +1834,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2027,9 +1901,7 @@
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP' from a data value of type 'java.io.InputStream'.
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> @@ -2041,9 +1913,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateTimestamp
Deepa>    Testing updateBlob on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBlob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateBoolean on SQL type TIMESTAMP
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateBoolean
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP'.
Deepa> @@ -2054,14 +1924,10 @@
Deepa> @@ -2121,9 +1987,7 @@
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateBinaryStream
Deepa>    Testing updateClob on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>      Using column name as first parameter to updateClob
Deepa> -      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    Testing updateDate on SQL type BLOB(1k)
Deepa>      Using column position as first parameter to updateDate
Deepa>        Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa> @@ -2152,14 +2016,10 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2180,10 +2040,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'SMALLINT'.
Deepa> @@ -2196,10 +2052,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2223,10 +2075,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'INTEGER'.
Deepa> @@ -2239,10 +2087,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2266,10 +2110,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'BIGINT'.
Deepa> @@ -2282,10 +2122,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2309,10 +2145,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'DECIMAL'.
Deepa> @@ -2325,10 +2157,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2352,10 +2180,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'REAL'.
Deepa> @@ -2368,10 +2192,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2395,10 +2215,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'DOUBLE'.
Deepa> @@ -2411,10 +2227,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2436,20 +2248,12 @@
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & String object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2471,20 +2275,12 @@
Deepa> @@ -2506,20 +2302,12 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2555,10 +2343,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.lang.String' into a data value of type 'CHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -2571,10 +2355,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2612,10 +2392,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.lang.String' into a data value of type 'VARCHAR () FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -2628,10 +2404,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2669,10 +2441,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.lang.String' into a data value of type 'LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA'.
Deepa> @@ -2685,10 +2453,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2726,8 +2490,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'CLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'CLOB'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Clob object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Date object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'CLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Date object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2740,10 +2502,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2783,10 +2541,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'DATE'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'DATE'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Date object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Date object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Time object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2795,10 +2549,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Time' into a data value of type 'DATE'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'DATE' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Blob'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'DATE'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2838,10 +2588,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'TIME'.
Deepa> @@ -2850,10 +2596,6 @@
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2893,20 +2635,12 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data value of type 'TIMESTAMP'.
[...]
Deepa> @@ -2944,10 +2678,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.lang.String' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & bytes[] array as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Clob object as parameters
Deepa> -    Got expected exception : An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'BLOB' from a data value of type 'java.sql.Clob'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Date object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Date' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Date object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2960,8 +2690,6 @@
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & TimeStamp object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'java.sql.Timestamp' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa> -  updateObject with column position & Blob object as parameters
Deepa> -  updateObject with column name & Blob object as parameters
Deepa>    updateObject with column position & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa>      Got expected exception : An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'boolean' into a data value of type 'BLOB'.
Deepa>    updateObject with column name & Boolean object as parameters
Deepa> @@ -2984,8 +2712,6 @@
Deepa>    updateDate and then cancelRowUpdates
Deepa>    updateTime and then cancelRowUpdates
Deepa>    updateTimestamp and then cancelRowUpdates
Deepa> -  updateClob and then cancelRowUpdates
Deepa> -  updateBlob and then cancelRowUpdates
Deepa>  Positive Test24a - after updateXXX, try cancelRowUpdates and then deleteRow
Deepa>  column 1 on this row before updateInt is 1
Deepa>  column 1 on this row after updateInt is 234
Deepa> Index: java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/derby_tests.policy
Deepa> ===================================================================
Deepa> --- java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/derby_tests.policy	(revision 355621)
Deepa> +++ java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/derby_tests.policy	(working copy)
Deepa> @@ -47,9 +47,10 @@
Deepa>    // sane=true, jdbcapi/secureUsers1.sql
Deepa>    permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}CloudLDAP.out", "write";
Deepa>
Deepa> -  // These permissions are needed to load the JCE for encryption with Sun JDK131.
Deepa> +  // These permissions are needed to load the JCE for encryption with Sun and IBM JDK131.
Deepa>    // JDK14 has the JCE  preloaded
Deepa>    permission java.security.SecurityPermission "insertProvider.SunJCE";
Deepa> +  permission java.security.SecurityPermission "insertProvider.IBMJCE";
Deepa>
Deepa>  };
Deepa>
Deepa> @@ -157,9 +158,10 @@
Deepa>    // sane=true, jdbcapi/secureUsers1.sql
Deepa>    permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}CloudLDAP.out", "write";
Deepa>
Deepa> -  // These permissions are needed to load the JCE for encryption with Sun JDK131.
Deepa> +  // These permissions are needed to load the JCE for encryption with Sun and IBM JDK131.
Deepa>    // JDK14 has the JCE  preloaded
Deepa>    permission java.security.SecurityPermission "insertProvider.SunJCE";
Deepa> +  permission java.security.SecurityPermission "insertProvider.IBMJCE";
Deepa>
Deepa>    // lang/errorStream.java
Deepa>    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "setIO";
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
Deepa>
--
Dag H. Wanvik
Sun Microsystems, Database Technology Group (DBTG)