Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/01 02:08:19 UTC

RE: Test failure in UK summer time

How about adding some logic to the test case for handlig summer time in UK
based on http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/sumtimetb.htm ?

Ias

Posted by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com>.
Seeing

    public void testTimeUKWinter() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+0:00"));
    }

    public void testTimeUKSummer() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+1:00"));
    }

    public void testTimeUK() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("Europe/London"));
    }

, I got curious why we needed all these tests simultaneously, in particular,
testTimeUKSummer and testTimeUKWinter.

How about merging those two seasonal test cases into one? For example,

    public void testTimeUKSeason() throws Exception {
        if today is in summer time period then
          deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+1:00"));
        else