Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mika M Lehtonen <mi...@digikartta.net> on 2012/04/11 21:05:13 UTC

database action data types

Cocoon 2.11

What to modify in order to be able to insert datatypes outside of
JDBCTypeConversion types when using modular database action? I am trying
to insert (and only insert) to PostGIS geometry column. The error is:

2012-04-11 18:41:23 EEST ERROR:  column "arvo_geom" is of type geometry
but expression is of type character varying at character 174
2012-04-11 18:41:23 EEST HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the
expression.

Can I add handlers for geometry datatype (org.postgis...) into
org.apache.cocoon.util.JDBCTypeConversions or what should I do? Java
isn't my bread and butter..

- mika -