Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <pe...@posteo.de> on 2020/02/04 21:26:41 UTC

Thanks on heise.de for Work on AOO (and LO)

I relay a comment found on the commendatory section on heise.de of
following article:
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/FOSDEM-LibreOffice-skizziert-seine-Zukunft-4651450.html

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version):

I also switched back from Libre Office to Apache Open Office. LO is
absolutely innovative and a really great project, but in my opinion it
is just too overloaded. AOO is fast, has less features than LO, but in
my opinion, in practice, the most important thing is a well maintained
product that is as bug-free as possible. I hope that both branches (LO
and AOO) will continue to exist independently. Many thanks to the
developers!

> I relay a comment found on the commendatory section on heise.de of
> following article:
> https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/FOSDEM-LibreOffice-ski
> zziert-seine-Zukunft-4651450.html
>

> Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version):
>
> I also switched back from Libre Office to Apache Open Office. LO is
> absolutely innovative and a really great project, but in my opinion it
> is just too overloaded. AOO is fast, has less features than LO, but in
> my opinion, in practice, the most important thing is a well maintained
> product that is as bug-free as possible. I hope that both branches (LO
> and AOO) will continue to exist independently. Many thanks to the
> developers!

+1

If I had something to say at LO, my first decision would be: only a maximum of one update per year. This would cost nothing extra, but would significantly improve the practicability of LO.

Jörg

Re: Thanks on heise.de for Work on AOO (and LO)

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 04.02.20 um 22:26 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I relay a comment found on the commendatory section on heise.de of
> following article:
> https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/FOSDEM-LibreOffice-skizziert-seine-Zukunft-4651450.html
>
> Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version):
>
> I also switched back from Libre Office to Apache Open Office. LO is
> absolutely innovative and a really great project, but in my opinion it
> is just too overloaded. AOO is fast, has less features than LO, but in
> my opinion, in practice, the most important thing is a well maintained
> product that is as bug-free as possible. I hope that both branches (LO
> and AOO) will continue to exist independently. Many thanks to the
> developers!

thanks for sharing this link. Very interesting information.

Marcus