Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/18 09:46:59 UTC

Can not start cassandra in local correctly

Hi all,

When I use the cassandra trunk, keyspace defined in cassandra.xml can not
been initialized, only two tables "system" and "definitions" is initialized.
I look at the code , find that some migration work is done in trunk. Is
there anyway I can run it correctly ? or is it a bug ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Can not start cassandra in local correctly

Posted by Roger Schildmeijer <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 18 apr 2010, at 09.46fm, Jeff Zhang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I use the cassandra trunk, keyspace defined in cassandra.xml can not
> been initialized, only two tables "system" and "definitions" is initialized.
> I look at the code , find that some migration work is done in trunk. Is
> there anyway I can run it correctly ? or is it a bug ?
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Jeff Zhang

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/LiveSchemaUpdates

// Roger Schildmeijer

Re: Can not start cassandra in local correctly

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It's a one-time operation when upgrading.  You're supposed to do it
manually that one time.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Gary,

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.