Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 19:51:03 UTC

Allocation Instrumenter

Hi Colin,

I'm contacting you because you are listed as one of the contributors to the
allocation-instrumenter <https://github.com/google/allocation-instrumenter>
project on GitHub.

We are working on Log4j 2 <http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/>, and the
main theme of the upcoming 2.6 release is making Log4j 2 garbage-free
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1270> in steady state running.
We use the allocation instrumenter in our JUnit tests to verify that things
are working as expected.

However, on our build server we see our test fail spuriously.
I believe this is a bug in AllocationRecorder (to do with accessing a
volatile field that has been nulled out by a shutdown hook, details here
<https://github.com/google/allocation-instrumenter/issues/15>).

Could you please take a look?
If you no longer maintain this project, can you point us to the person who
does?

Many thanks!
Remko Popma

Re: Allocation Instrumenter

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
There's a fork with some activity:
https://github.com/malamut2/large-object-watchdog

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Allocation Instrumenter

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Guess we have to fork it?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Yikes, no reply on

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Created pull request with the fix that Ami suggested.
https://github.com/google/allocation-instrumenter/pull/16

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.