Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "damian.pawski" <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 13:26:18 UTC

ShingleFilterFactory - multiple fields with an OR operator

Hi
I have two fields on which I have applied *ShingleFilterFactory*, when I am
searching against each field separately everything is working fine, but when
I try to combine two searches with an *OR* statement then I am getting wrong
results.
For an example

    /FieldOne:(business analysts)  I am getting 10 results
    FieldTwo:(business analysts)  I am getting 20 results /

checked them and those are unique, so all together I have 30 results.

I want to send 1 single Solr query similar to this one:

   / FieldOne:(business analysts)  *OR *FieldTwo:(business analysts)/ - I am
getting 200 results;

In combined search I am getting much more results than I am expecting, what
I am doing wrong?

This is the field type
<fieldType name="customField" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" >
	<analyzer type="index">
		<charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
		<filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory" tokenSeparator=""
maxShingleSize="7" outputUnigrams="true"/>
	</analyzer>
	<analyzer type="query">
		<filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory" tokenSeparator=""
maxShingleSize="7"  outputUnigrams="true"/>
	</analyzer>
</fieldType>

Thank you