Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/18 15:26:52 UTC

Form Focus

I am using tap 4 and have noticed that the first field in a form
always seems to have the focus.  What is the best way to not give a
field focus until the user clicks in that field?

~chris

Re: dynamic allocation of components?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I don't think JPanel is going to be a fair comparison for layout logic.

Are you saying that you want to dynamically render a block of UI depending
on certain conditions? If that is the case then I would use Block and
RenderBlock components (check documentation) to do it. I use them myself
with no problems. (For instance, providing a specific form input for a list
of N objects of different types.)

If it's anything other than dynamically choosing a component/container to
display I would have to ask why/what you are trying to do exactly that html
doesn't already handle?

Posted by Raul Raja Martinez <do...@estudiowebs.com>.

Re: Form Focus

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.