Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2003/10/31 14:04:15 UTC

ApacheCon 2003 revelations WAS: [Rationale for TRACE-level/priority.]

At 05:45 PM 10/30/2003 +0100, Endre Stølsvik wrote:
>| >Ceki: where's the Domains stuff? In CVS?? Can't seem to find it.
>|
>| Domains will be presented at ApacheCon 2003, Nov 18, in Las Vegas.
>
>Hmm.. This is definately a sidetrack to this discussion, but this one was
>a little startling: Is log4j your own little baby, not meant for my eyes
>to see? Open Source toghether with "revelations" and similar stuff at
>Conferences doesn't seem like the most perfect match for my taste..

ApacheCon is a very important event for the ASF. So, an attempt to juice up
the event with "revelations" works rather in the sense of the common good.
More precisely however, we have ApacheCon slides describing log4j 1.3
features, in particular domains. I think it would be frowned upon if Mark
Womack and I released the Apachecon slides before the conference.

There are actually 16 days left for registration.

--
Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;
      ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/