Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/07/02 01:24:42 UTC

Re: Does pde-maven-plugin actually work ?

Stefan Prange wrote:

> I'd like to test Maven2's ability to build eclipse plugin projects.
> Therefore I built a little sample project as described on the home page of
> the pde-maven-plugin (see here:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/pde-maven-plugin/examples/simple_plugin.html).
>
> But unfortunately every attempt to build this simple plugin fails. Please
> see the command line output below for details. This happens with both,
> eclipse 3.2  and eclipse 3.2.2.
>
> Does anyone have a little hint for me how to build an eclipse plugin with
> maven2?

> [INFO] Error executing command line. Exit code:13

Someone on the Eclipse pde list clarified what error 13 meant - it
basically means that an error occurred during the build inside the PDE
ant script, and if the error message isn't spat out on the console,
you'll find the error inside the PDE build log.

The pde plugin is a very simple shell around the Eclipse PDE ant build
script, which is used by the "export as a product|feature|plugin"
feature of the Eclipse IDE.

In other words, if "export as a feature|plugin|product" doesn't work
from within Eclipse, it won't work from Maven.

Regards,
Graham