Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com> on 2012/06/01 17:20:44 UTC

RE: vmtemplate.status values?

Hi Adrian,

Please find below explanation of the vmtemplate status. It would be great if we could add this explanation against the enums as comments as well.

UNKNOWN - status of download is not known. Example - When the job for downloading  doesn't exist during progress check.
ABANDONED - the download has been cancelled/aborted.
DOWNLOAD_ERROR - the download has reached an error state. Example - there is not route to ssvm agent.
NOT_DOWNLOADED - the download hasn't started.
DOWNLOAD_IN_PROGRESS - the download is in progress
DOWNLOADED - the resource has been downloaded on secondary storage.

// These states are specifically used for extraction of resources out of CS(ironically shown as download template in the UI, API - extractTemplate ). Some of the generic states (like abandoned, unknown) above are used for the extraction tasks as well.
UPLOADED - the resource has been uploaded
NOT_UPLOADED - the resource upload work hasn't started yet
UPLOAD_ERROR - the resource upload has reached error.
UPLOAD_IN_PROGRESS - the resource upload is in progress.

Thanks,
-Nitin

From: Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Subject: vmtemplate.status values?
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org

In jclouds, we are trying to make a status checker for templates created.  Part of this is understanding the range of status values.
Looking at the code, there seems to be a few places where vmtemplate status is reported.

ex. ./api/src/com/cloud/api/response/TemplateResponse.java defines status as an opaque string where ./api/src/com/cloud/storage/VMTemplateStorageResourceAssoc.java
defines a Status enum

It would be really handy for us to have an enum with descriptions for the possible template status values.  Can you validate what these are?

-A

RE: vmtemplate.status values?

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Nitin. Really helps!

Most importantly, I need to know which of these are available states.  I
believe the only available states are DOWNLOADED and UPLOADED?

Cheers!
-A

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
I'll do both.