Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/02 20:41:40 UTC

Removal from List

Dear Sir,

I am a user of the Tomcat List and noticed a large number of emails from
you. It appears that someone subscribed you to the list and you
inadvertently confirmed the subscription or someone has access to your
email. As an IT person who deals with security I recommend you have someone
check your security and that you scan your system and that you change all of
your passwords.

As for the List subscription, if you will look at the bottom of the emails
you will see a link where you can send an email to unsubscribe yourself. As
this list is staffed by volunteers and the person with the access needed to
remove you may not get you request for several days, this would be your best
course of action. If after attempting this you are unable to unsubscribe,
please post to the list explaining you have tried to unsubscribe and have
been unsuccessful. At that point as soon as a person with the needed access
gets your message they can assist you in removing your email from the list.

As a user of this list it is always a concern when someone wants off the
list and is unable to do so. As this reflects poorly on the List even though
it is out of the lists control that you were subscribed in the first place.

Doug Parsons
Tomcat User

Re: Removal from List

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
I have just confirmed you are no longer subscribed to this list and I
have configured the list not to accept any future attempts to join it
from your address.

Mark
tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Removal from List