Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2003/03/13 12:02:02 UTC

Forrest build on HEAD

Fopdevs,

Has anyone else tried to run forrest against a new HEAD checkout?  When
I try, I get this far:
Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
  * [55] index.html
  * [0] skin/page.css
  * [0] skin/images/spacer.gif
  * [0] skin/breadcrumbs.js
  * [0] images/group-logo.gif
  * [0] images/logo.jpg
  * [0] skin/images/search-left.gif
  * [0] skin/images/search-right.gif
  * [0] skin/images/tabSel-left.gif
  * [0] skin/images/tabSel-right.gif
  * [0] skin/images/tab-left.gif
  * [38] dev/index.html
  * [0] skin/images/tab-right.gif
  * [38] design/index.html
  * [36] design/alt.design/index.html
  * [52] news.html
  * [52] logocontest.html
  * [53] faq.html
  * [52] download.html
  * [52] relnotes.html
  * [52] gethelp.html
  * [54] examples.html
  * [53] status.html
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: The id "?"
already exists in this document
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
  * [57] changes.html
  * [52] todo.html
  * [52] running.html

and the process just stops.  The java processes which have been running
just disappear, and the terminal hangs at the point above.  Is anyone
else in the same boat?

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I get the same RuntimeException but the process runs through without
problems. Strange.

On 13.03.2003 12:02:02 Peter B. West wrote:
> Has anyone else tried to run forrest against a new HEAD checkout?  When
> I try, I get this far:
<snip/>
>   * [53] status.html
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: The id "?"
> already exists in this document
>          at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
>   * [57] changes.html
>   * [52] todo.html
>   * [52] running.html
>
> and the process just stops.  The java processes which have been running
> just disappear, and the terminal hangs at the point above.  Is anyone
> else in the same boat?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Jeff,

I spoke too soon.  This gets weirder and more weird.  I moved the
imagesources directory out of the way and the site built.  On the way
through, however, it gave me this (among other diagnostics):

  * [0] running.pdf
  * [5] embedding.pdf
  * [0]
-> [broken page] images/EmbeddingExampleFO2PDF.png <-

      www.w3.org

  * [0]
-> [broken page] images/EmbeddingExampleXML2FO.png <-

      www.w3.org

  * [0]
-> [broken page] images/EmbeddingExampleXML2PDF.png <-

      www.w3.org

  * [0]
-> [broken page] images/EmbeddingExampleObj2XML.png <-

      www.w3.org

  * [0]
-> [broken page] images/EmbeddingExampleObj2PDF.png <-

      www.w3.org

  * [0] anttask.pdf

Note that the failures occur after the running.html (not pdf) line is
output earlier in the build.

I have a tree created as an update, and that one works.  It's only the
clean sheckout that is failing.  I originally mistakenly thought that I
had checked the imagesources after my update on the first tree, and
pounced on that as the problem.

Peter

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Jeff,

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Today, it's working.  Who knows?  Have had a reboot since.

Peter

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:31:23PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I'm running forrest locally.  I assume that there is no attempt by a
> locally run forrest to talk to forrestbot.cocoondev.org.

Nope

> Which would mean that the forrestbot has failed at the same place that
> I have.  wouldn't it?

Not sure what you mean.  The forrestbot-invoked build hit the same '?'
problem, but didn't halt.

I've just updated FOP and generated docs locally, and it all worked.  I
didn't even get the RuntimeException.  Weird..

--Jeff

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Jeff,

I'm running forrest locally.  I assume that there is no attempt by a
locally run forrest to talk to forrestbot.cocoondev.org.  Which would

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:16:52PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:
> This was run against a clean checkout with a recent cvs update.  When I
> run against my previous tree, also just cvs updated, the forrest build
> proceeds.  I'll try to find out why.

At:

http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/logs/work.xml-fop.log

After running.html, it seems something graphical happens:

 [java]  * [52] todo.html
 [java]  * [52] running.html
 [java] Font specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
 [java] Font specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]

Possibly your DISPLAY variable is set to something weird?

--Jeff

Re: Forrest build on HEAD

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.