Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> on 2003/08/07 18:18:23 UTC

Persistence framework

This might be a tougher question to answer than Tomcat, Jetty integration,
but one thing that would be desirable would be a pluggable strategy for
CMP.

Does the current archtecture include any provisions for a pluggable
persistence layer - i.e. using Castor, Hibernate, or OJB depending on your
preference?

The traffic to code ratio on this project is currently "infinity".
What is the timeframe for getting code into the "incubator-general"
module?  It is great that so many people have sent in resumes, but all
this attention for a code-less project seems like wasted energy.  Where's
the beef?

Tim

Pluggable CMP (Re: Persistence framework)

Posted by Stefan Arentz <st...@soze.com>.
On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 18:18, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> This might be a tougher question to answer than Tomcat, Jetty
> integration,
> but one thing that would be desirable would be a pluggable strategy for
> CMP.
>
> Does the current archtecture include any provisions for a pluggable
> persistence layer - i.e. using Castor, Hibernate, or OJB depending on
> your
> preference?

I agree that pluggable persitence engines are important, but do not
forget that this is to be a J2EE server; it has to follow the spec. I
think it is far more important that the server follows the current CMP
and JDO specs instead of already looking to much at all the different
implementations as listed above.

  S.