Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2012/12/17 21:47:56 UTC

Re: [Math] Release problem (solved)

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:11:40AM -0800, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 12/17/12 8:53 AM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> >> These are not the full project source files, only the sources made
> >> available for example to IDE or debuggers. They are not suitable for
> >> development. They miss the pom, the documentation and many other things
> >> we need for development and that belong to the source distribution.
> >>
> >> What I am looking for are the files which after the vote end here:
> >> <http://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi>.
> > Sorry, I can't make it work.
> >
> > I've committed my "recipe".
> > "test-deploy" creates all the files. But "deploy" does not (and does not
> > upload them of course).
> >
> > Something missing in the recipe (it worked for 3.0)? New behaviour of the
> > parent POM, no idea... :-/ Help welcome.
>
> Try back-revving the commons parent to 23, or updating to the latest
> version.  I vaguely recall the assembly plugin update causing no
> tarballs in the past.

It seems that the command with the target "deploy" is not idempotent.
Now I did everything in a single command, i.e. exactly this:
  $ mvn -DskipTests=true clean deploy -Prelease
and it worked! :-)

AFAICT, only the "clean" is done also there. [Whereas, before, I might have
done "test-deploy" and then "deploy" without an intermediate "clean"...]

Sorry for the noise,
Gilles