Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/01/16 08:42:59 UTC

[Jelly] xml taglib needs vanilla Ant build file

Hi,

I've just added the xml taglib to Gump as it seems to be required to
build the jsl taglib.  Could anybody please generate the build.xml?

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: [Jelly] xml taglib needs vanilla Ant build file

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > Wanna try again
>
> Yep, works.

Cool.

> Does it taglib-jsl still depend on the taglib-xml now at all?  I
> assumed it did because of the package name in the imports.

Yes. It basically imports the xml library, so its a super-set of xml and the
jsl specific tags.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [Jelly] xml taglib needs vanilla Ant build file

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> Wanna try again

Yep, works.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>
> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Done.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Any idea where I can find
> > org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.xml.XPathExpression?  This one is
> > imported by the jsl taglib, but doesn't seem to exist (together with
> > XPathTagSupport, XPathSource and XPathExpression).
> >
> > There are classes with that names in jelly/expression/xpath ...
>
> I've just hit that too. The XPathExpresion has been refactored into a
> different package (o.a.c.jelly.expresion.xpath). I'll try clean this up
> later today so things are all consistent.

Wanna try again - I've just patched the jsl library and uploaded a new
snapshot. I'll spend a bit more time today checking things are all
consistent after recent refactorings.

James
-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Morgan Delagrange" <md...@yahoo.com>
> --- James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Any idea where I can find
> > > org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.xml.XPathExpression?
> >  This one is
> > > imported by the jsl taglib, but doesn't seem to
> > exist (together with
> > > XPathTagSupport, XPathSource and XPathExpression).
> > >
> > > There are classes with that names in
> > jelly/expression/xpath ...
> >
> > I've just hit that too. The XPathExpresion has been
> > refactored into a
> > different package (o.a.c.jelly.expresion.xpath).
> > I'll try clean this up
> > later today so things are all consistent.
> >
> > James
>
> Yup that was me.  Initially the XPath stuff was
> bundled with the XML tags, but they seemed more like
> core utility classes.  They were also used heavily in
> the junit tags.  Thanks for cleaning up JSL, I hadn't
> had a chance to regression test them all yet.

No problem - thanks for the nice refactoring of the XPath stuff (and for all
the other refactoring you've been doing lately).

James
-------

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
--- James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, <di...@multitask.com.au>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Done.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Any idea where I can find
> > org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.xml.XPathExpression?
>  This one is
> > imported by the jsl taglib, but doesn't seem to
> exist (together with
> > XPathTagSupport, XPathSource and XPathExpression).
> >
> > There are classes with that names in
> jelly/expression/xpath ...
>
> I've just hit that too. The XPathExpresion has been
> refactored into a
> different package (o.a.c.jelly.expresion.xpath).
> I'll try clean this up
> later today so things are all consistent.
>
> James

Yup that was me.  Initially the XPath stuff was
bundled with the XML tags, but they seemed more like
core utility classes.  They were also used heavily in
the junit tags.  Thanks for cleaning up JSL, I hadn't
had a chance to regression test them all yet.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://axion.tigris.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/watchdog

Re: [Jelly] xml taglib needs vanilla Ant build file

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Done.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Any idea where I can find
> org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.xml.XPathExpression?  This one is
> imported by the jsl taglib, but doesn't seem to exist (together with
> XPathTagSupport, XPathSource and XPathExpression).
>
> There are classes with that names in jelly/expression/xpath ...

I've just hit that too. The XPathExpresion has been refactored into a
different package (o.a.c.jelly.expresion.xpath). I'll try clean this up
later today so things are all consistent.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [Jelly] xml taglib needs vanilla Ant build file

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
They've been renamed and are still in Jelly's core.

I'll check the jsl taglib and fix the errors....
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>